Unless you are looking for a rental for $5,000 per month or more, there is not too much need for a Realtor.
A few great tips for finding a rental in the beach cities (Manhattan, Hermosa and Redondo) are:
1. WestsideRentals.com - Westside Rentals is a site for which you pay an access fee, but is free for landlords. Because of this the majority of landlords list their properties on this site. It is user friendly, and allows you to get pretty specific with regard to what you are looking for in a home.
2. TBRNews.com - The Beach Reporter is a free weekly paper local to the beach cities (Manhattan, Hermosa, Redondo and El Segundo). The paper is delivered to homes on Thursday, and is also available in news stands throughout the beach cities. The paper, along with rental information is also available on line.
3. Drive around in neighborhoods you think that you want to live, and look for signs on properties. Because of the demand typical for homes in the beach cities, many landlords simply stick a sign in the yard with a telephone number.
4. Don't hesitate to call me if you need help.
5. Remember it's ALWAYS a great day when you live at the beach!